Having been one of the COVID-FREE cities in the country, we have all been wondering how they do it. Well, here’s how Ormoc City has been preparing and combatting the virus based on a Facebook Post from John Kevin Decio Pilapil of Ormoc City Media and Information Center.
- First city in Eastern Visayas to have closed their borders
- First city in Eastern Visayas to have their own COVID-19 testing center through EDC & OSPA
- Passed an ordinance against discrimination
- Suspended fiesta events and alloted budget for combat against COVID-19
- Hailed COVID-FREE after the full recovery of 60+ COVID-19 patients.
- Organization of COVID-19 Task Force on March 2020
- Organized Psychosocial Intervention through Lamdag Ormoc
- Organized Resident Recovery Task Force
- Organized Contact Tracing Task Force
- Conducted weekly task force meetings
- Coursed donations through civic groups for transparency
- Used their 699 NHA housing units as quarantine facilities for the coordinated people
- Utilized their evacuation center in Danhug as their isolation facility for the uncoordinated people
- Coordinated with hotel personnel for accommodation of the LSIs
- Built their own air-conditioned dormitory as isolation facilities for their health workers
- Made use of their diagnostic center in San Pablo for admission of the COVID-19 patients or those showing symptoms
- Provided isolation areas in every barangay
- Offered FREE FOOD, SNACKS, WATER, ELECTRICITY, & INTERNET
- Provided first wave of one sack of rice per household in April
- Provided second wave of one sack of rice pero household in June
- Every barangay has also given their relief goods for every household from their calamity funds
CONTACT TRACING PRACTICES
- Produced high-quality QR code system through the Ormoc IT Team
- Provided QR Passes in an organized manner
But more than anything, it is also because of the Ormocanons. It has been said that if you work together with your LGU, you will achieve greater heights. Without the cooperation of the Ormocanons, they wouldn’t have made it only after weeks.
May all LGUs pick up from these practices. Let’s continue praying and again, follow all health protocols. Stay at home!