On top of everything that’s been going on, we have a typhoon to worry too.
Tropical Cyclone Wind Signal no. 3 has already been raised over parts of the Bicol Region and Eastern Visayas due to Typhoon Ambo.
At 7 a.m., Thursday, the center of Typhoon Ambo was approximately 185 kilometers east southeast of Catarman, Northern Samar, or 110 km east northeast of Borongan City, Eastern Samar.
The typhoon was forecast to make landfall over Burias island, and over the Bondoc Peninsula in Southern Quezon by early Friday morning.
PAG-ASA said moderate to heavy with at times intense rains will be experienced over Bicol Region, Quezon, Northern Samar, Marinduque, Laguna, and Rizal until tonight.
The typhoon has made landfall 5 times, so far:
Thursday, May 14
- San Policarpo, Eastern Samar – 12:15 pm
- Dalupiri Island, Northern Samar – 10:15 pm
- Capul Island, Northern Samar – 10:30 pm
Friday, May 15
- Ticao Island, Masbate – 12 am
- Burias Island, Masbate – 3 am
Here is the updated list of areas under storm signals:
SIGNAL NO. 3
- Masbate including Ticao and Burias Islands
- Camarines Sur
- Camarines Norte
- southern portion of Quezon (Pagbilao, Atimonan, Padre Burgos, Agdangan, Plaridel, Unisan, Gumaca, Pitogo, Perez, Alabat, Quezon, Tagkawayan, Calauag, Lopez, Macalelon, General Luna, Catanauan, Buenavista, Guinayangan, Mulanay, San Narciso, San Andres, San Francisco)
- western portion of Northern Samar (San Vicente, Capul, San Antonio, Allen, Victoria, San Isidro, Biri, Lavezares, Rosario, San Jose)
SIGNAL NO. 2
- Southern portion of Aurora (Dipaculao, Baler, Maria Aurora, San Luis, Dingalan)
- Nueva Ecija
- Metro Manila
- the rest of Quezon
- the rest of Northern Samar
- the northern portion of Samar (Calbayog City, Sta. Margarita, Gandara, Pagsanghan, San Jorge, Tarangnan, Sto. Niño, Almagro, Tagapul-an, Matuguinao, San Jose de Buan, Catbalogan City, Jiabong, Motiong, Zumarraga, Daram)
SIGNAL NO. 1
- Mainland Cagayan
- Nueva Vizcaya
- Ilocos Norte
- Ilocos Sur
- La Union
- Mountain Province
- Ifugao, Benguet
- the rest of Aurora
- Oriental Mindoro
Comments are closed.