“Jaw-dropping” may just be an understatement if we are to describe this spot in Samar that has captivated not only Waray hearts but also those of travelers from different places.
Caluwayan Palm Island Resort in Marabut, Samar is an ecotourism-oriented resort designed to suit your dream vacation getaway. It is surrounded by a breathtaking view of towering rock islands and islets with secluded coves and coral garden for a truly paradise-like respite that we deserve once in a while.
The place is ideal for scuba diving, snorkeling, sea kayaking, sailing, swimming, sun-bathing or simply lazing on the beach enjoying the view of the beautiful seascape of the bay.
While here, you can spend the day dipping into its infinity pool or swim into the sea. There is also a bistro so you can take a refreshing taste of your favorite drinks while you gaze at the scenery before you. One of the highlights of spending a day at Caluwayan Palm Island Resort is to take a leisurely trip on the sea or the river with a boat and explore the secrets of their towering rock islets.
Their accommodation types come in a wide variety of choices so you can choose the perfect fit for your needs. They have villas and open cottages for couples, friends and for families. Each accommodation type boasts views that are unique from one another. There are those that have overlooking view of the beach, the pool, the sea and even the amazing rock formations that this place is known for.
SALUD: IN-HOUSE RESTAURANT SERVING AUTHENTIC WARAY CUISINES
Time to tease your taste buds with the resort’s very own ‘Salud’ that serves guests with tasty meals specializing in Waray dishes. Opened last October 2017, Salud now offers a variety of scrumptious food that would surely have you wanting for more. From everyday meals to snacks and desserts, Salud would satisfy the taste that you have been looking for.
This restaurant also caters to parties for all occasions as it offers function rooms that can accommodate 200 guests, plus a roof deck for gatherings and group get together. Your ultimate culinary experience starts here.
Check out these photos taken in this beautiful resort:
RATES & OTHER INFORMATION
- Entrance fee (Infinity Pool):
- P200 (Adult)
- P175 (Child below 10 y/o)
- Day Use: 8AM to 5PM
- Cottage: P650/day
- Beach Villa Suite: P8,000/night, good for 5 persons
- An elegant fusion between European and Filipino design, this two-level villa is provided with two balconies and has the perfect panoramic view of the spectacular rock formations of the island. The ground floor has 1 queen sized bed, 1 queen-sized pull-out bed, and the loft has 1 single bed. Ideal for families and larger groups
- Beach Villa: P6,900/night, good for 5 persons
- This two-level villa is provided with two balconies and has the perfect panoramic view of the spectacular rock formations of the island, also fusing European and Filipino design. The ground floor has 1 queen sized bed, 1 queen-sized pull-out bed, and the loft has 1 single bed. Ideal for families and larger groups.
- Family Room: P5,700/night, good for 4 persons
- The Family Room of Caluwayan Resort captured the familiar feel of home with two matrimonial beds and a view that overlooks the beach of the resort. A Basey crafted table and chairs accents the room for a lovely dining or lounging experience.
- Deluxe Quadruple: P5,300/night, good for 4 persons
- The Deluxe Quadruple room of Caluwayan Resort offers the comfort of 2 double beds and wooden Basey crafted table and chairs fit for dining and lounging with an outside view of the beach.
- Superior Quadruple: P5,000/night, good for 4 persons
- The Superior Quadruple room at Caluwayan Resort captures the comfort of being home away from home with four single beds and a view that is directed towards the resort’s majestic pool and an outdoor wooden table and chairs made from Basey’s best craftsmen fit for dining and lounging purposes.
- Garden Villa: P4,200/night, good for 2 persons
- Be completely one with nature in the Garden Villa with panoramic views of the resort’s landscape. Be mesmerized by the artistically crafted wood and stones that’s uniquely Caluwayan. The room is complete with a queen bed, a spacious balcony, a mini-bar and hot & cold shower.
- Deluxe Suite: P3,800/night, good for 2 persons
- The Deluxe Suite of Caluwayan Resort offers the comfort of its double bed and wooden Basey crafted table and chairs fit for dining and lounging with an outside view of the beach.
- Deluxe Double: P3,600/night, good for 2 persons
- The Deluxe Double room of Caluwayan Resort offers the comfort of a double bed and wooden Basey crafted table and chairs fit for dining and lounging with an outside view of the beach.
- Single Deluxe: P2,700/night, good for 2 persons
- The Single Deluxe at Caluwayan Resort captures the comfort of being home away from home with a double bed and outdoor wooden table and chairs.
- Single Superior: P2,500/night, good for 2 persons
- The Single Superior room of Caluwayan Resort offers the comfort of its double bed and wooden Basey crafted table and chairs fit for dining and lounging.
- Kayak Single: P250/hour
- Kayak Double: P350/hour
- Pump Boat: P500 per hour/4 persons
- Stand-Up Paddle Board: P300/hour
- Online booking
- Contact numbers: +63 977-3545692
- Email address: [email protected]
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/caluwayanresort/
- Website: https://www.caluwayanresort.com/
HOW TO GET THERE?
Exact location: Brgy. Caluwayan, Marabut, Western Samar, Visayas – a 45-minute drive from Tacloban City
BY COMMUTE: From Tacloban City, go to the New Tacloban Bus Terminal. Take a shuttle (van) or bus to Marabut. Note that it is very likely that the shuttle will leave until all seats have been occupied. Tell the conductor/driver to drop you off at Caluwayan Beach Resort. Get off at Caluwayan Beach Resort. The bus/van will stop right at the entrance as the resort is just along the highway.
BY CAR: Navigate with Waze or Google Maps and set your destination to “Caluwayan Palm Island Resort” in Marabut, Samar. Parking space is available.