Despite the global pandemic that forced many educational institutions to go virtual, tuition fees however did not significantly lower down. This also required students to get their own laptops or computing devices. With this, many are searching for scholarships hoping to get some help for their school finances.
Good news! The Commission on Higher Education (CHED) is now accepting applications for CHED Scholarship Programs (CSPs) for the school year 2021-2022.
The application for eligible students is from 1st July 2020 to 15st August 2021. Here are the requirements and details according to CHED:
All incoming college freshmen are invited to apply to the CHED Scholarship Program 2021.
Who can apply to CHED Scholarship Program?
Incoming first year college students who will be graduating from Senior High Schools.
What are the Qualifications?
- Must be a Filipino citizen;
- Graduating high school student or high school graduate with general average
- General Weighted Average (GWA)
- For Full State Scholarship Program (FSSP) and Full Private Education Student Financial Assistance (FPESPA), GWA must be 96% or above.
- For Half-SSP and Half-PESPA, GWA must be 93% but not more than 95%.
- Must have a combined annual gross income of parents/guardian which does not exceed Four Hundred Thousand Pesos (PhP 400,000), or in cases where the income exceeds PhP 400,000 an applicant must present written certification or medical findings of illness of a family member, or school certifications of two or more dependents enrolled in college;
- Avail of only one government funded financial assistance program.
What are the requirements?
- Certified true copy of Birth Certificate.
- Duly certified true copy of High school report card for incoming freshmen students eligible for college (High School Graduate); and
- Duly certified true copy of grades for Grade 11 and 1st semester of Grade 12 for graduating high school students.
The student-applicants shall submit any of the following documents:
- Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) of parents or guardian;
- Certificate of Tax Exemption from Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR);
- Certificate of Indigence either from their Barangay or Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD);
- Case Study report from DSWD; or
- Latest copy of contract or proof of income may be considered for children of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) and seafarers.
Do your belong to a Special Group?
If you belong to any of the following, kindly upload or attach a valid certification or Certification certifying that you are:
- Persons with Disability (PWD) under RA 7277
- Solo Parent and/or their dependents under RA 8972
- Underprivileged and homeless citizen under RA 7279
- Senior Citizen under RA 9994
- Indigenous People under RA 8371
Deadline of Application
Application starts NOW until August 15, 2021.
Reminder: Please ensure that the course you are planning to enroll is aligned with the priority courses. Additionally, check the completeness of your documents because only those with complete documents with at least 93% GWA are allowed to proceed to the Online Application.
What are the stipends of the CHED Scholarship Program?
This is the updated financial assistance (in Pesos) covered by CHED Scholarship Program as of July 2021 via CHED Memorandum Order No. 11 series of 2021.
CHED Benefits as of 2021
How to Apply Online
There will be specific online application link per region. As of this writing, here are the regions that are already accepting applications:
- National Capital Region (stufap-application.chedncr.com/)
- Region 1 (stufaps.chedro1.com/)
- Region 2 (stufaps.chedregion2.com/)
- Region 3 (chedro3.ched.gov.ph/chedro3stufap/)
- Region 4 (chedcalabarzon.com/csp/)
- Region 5 (chedro5stufap.com/index.php/application/app_form)
- Region 6 (chedro6.com/)
- Region 7 (chedro7.com/csp)
- Region 8 (chedro8stufap.com/)
- Region 9 (chedro9.com/)
- Region 10 (https://forms.gle/XVspYwBYcJbvewmH9)
- Region 11 (stufaps.chedroxi.com)
- Region 12 (bit.ly/CHED12CSPApplication2021)
- CARAGA (csp.chedcaraga.ph/login)
- CAR (chedcar.com/chedcar_csp)
- BARMM (Link to follow)