Seeking some quality time at the beach? Or perhaps you’re looking to catch some waves? Look no further than Mati, Davao Oriental because that’s where Dahican Surf Resort is!
Dahican Surf Resort is a beachside property fronting Mayo Bay. It’s a prime spot for surfing, camping, and overall good times by the beach!
The beach is a wide stretch of wide sand kissed by sky-blue waters. Ahead is the seren open sea and the calm horizon. Whatever it is you’ll be doing on the beach, the view will be a special sight to behold.
What to do in Dahican Surf Resort?
Whether you’re feeling adventurous or laidback, there’s something for you here! Since Mayo Bay is a surf spot, you can consistently catch waves on your surfboard. The big bay provides ample space for surfers and people doing various water activities.
Guests can also opt to skim along the foamy waters on top of the sand, kayak on the open waters, or even paddle along on top of a stand-up paddle board.
If you’re in the mood for some relaxing instead, there’s nothing stopping you from securing your very own spot in the wide white sand beach. You have the freedom to setup your own picnic mats or chairs and frolic on the soft sand!
Dahican Surf Resort food trip
After a day in the sun, catch some refreshments from the stores offering a variety of food and specialties! These are the restaurants found in Dahican Surf Resort:
Balud Coffee House is a café that specializes in coffee. They whip up hot and Iced brews along with signature frappes. Grab one for an extra kick in your day!
Next is Chill Station, a dessert bar serving a wide selection of sweets. They have all kinds of fresh fruits, ice cream, shakes, and iced desserts
Surf Shack Resto delivers hearty options for surfers and visitors. Get your refill of energy here as you enjoy their filling rice meals.
Barrio Dahican, the newest addition, cooks up fried treats for snacks and pulutan. Be sure to check them out!
After a day of chasing waves and taming the sea, retreat to your bunks in their simple yet cozy accommodation. It may not be the most luxurious, but it’s enough to get you a good night’s sleep.
If you’re planning to stay overnight, make sure to set your alarms because you definitely won’t want to miss the breathtaking sunrise!
RATES & OTHER INFORMATION
- Open hours: 7AM to 9PM
- Entrance fee: ₱100 per person, ₱50 per child 6 to 10 years old. Kids 0 to 5 years old enter for free
- Rentals and Lessons:
- Skim lesson (with board and instructor): ₱250/hour
- Surf Lesson (with board and instructor): ₱400/hour
- Stand up Paddle Board: ₱300/hour
- Kayak: ₱300/hour
- Aircon Room: ₱2,000, good for 2 persons
- Aircon Group Room: ₱10,000, good for 10 persons (₱5,600 for 8)
- Dorm-style room with air-conditioner
- ₱700 charge per person excess of 10
- Surf Hut: ₱2,500, good for 5 persons (₱1,500 for 3)
- Bunk Beds
- ₱500 charge per person excess of 5
- Big Surf Hut: ₱5,000, good for 10 persons (₱3,000 for 6)
- Bunk Beds
- ₱500 charge per person excess of 10
- Big Surf Room: ₱6,000, good for 12 persons (₱4,000 for 8)
- ₱500 charge per person excess of 12
- All accommodations have a common toilet and shower.
- Full capacity rates apply on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays
- Tent Space (for visitors with their own tents): ₱500
- Tent Rental: ₱500
- Inclusive of mat, banig, pillow, and rain cover
- Overnight fee: ₱300 per person
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Dahicansurfresort/
- Contact number: 0977-248-0467
- Website: https://sites.google.com/view/dahicansurfresort/home?authuser=0
HOW TO GET THERE?
Exact location: Dahican, Mati, Davao Oriental – 10 minutes from Mati National Airport
BY CAR: Navigate with Waze or Google Maps and set your destination to “Dahican Surf Resort”. Parking is available.