There is beauty in decay. Indeed there is.
If you were one of the people who hot hooked buying, designing and arranging these beautiful dried flowers since the pandemic then this is your luck.
You can now have all the dried flowers you want by making your own in your own home.
There are only four things you have to keep in mind before doing all the drying:(1) Fast drying makes for better shape and color, (2) Blue, orange and pink flowers are recommended, (3) Hairspray prolongs life of the dried flowers, (4) choose flowers with woody stems e.g., rose, sunflower, gysophila, waxflower.
Here we give you the top 3 easiest way to make your own beautiful dried flowers:
1: AIR-DRY THEM
This one requires patience and time but also the easiest as it requires no energy or equipment just air.
- Arrange the flowers and hang them upside down to dry in a warm, dark space like your closet.
- Squeeze the stem after a few days to check if its fully dry.
- If it doesn’t bend then you can take it out already.
2: DRY THEM IN THE OVEN
This might be the quickest way to dry flowers. You just need to have an oven.
- Put the flowers inside vertically and set the temperature of the oven to 38 degrees.
- Remove the dried flowers after 3 to 4 hours, and let it cool.
3: DRY THEM WITH A BOOK
The old but gold way. We have been doing this since we were kids and there’s just something poetic about this method of drying too.
- Use heavy books and placed the flowers between sheets of newspaper or tissue paper before putting it under a heavy book.
- Replace the paper regularly to control the moisture coming out.
- After about three weeks it will be ready for you.
What are you waiting for? Try these simple DIY’s to make your own dried flowers that are perfect for Christmas and the holidays.
Comments are closed.