“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.”
Eden Nature Park is the kind of place that The Lorax has always dreamed of. A man-made forest with lush, green vegetation anywhere you look.
Starting out as thousands of little seedlings, what is now known as Eden Nature Park is the result of human efforts to revive a forest that was stripped bare by illegal logging in the 70’s. This park is amazingly 95% man-made with the 5% being really old trees that survived.
Over 100,000 pine trees cover the whole area and act as canopies for other plants to thrive. Eden Nature Park is one of few places in the Philippines that boasts the amount of nature that it has. Frequently visited in Davao because of the clean, fresh air and cool climate surrounding the mountain, it is a typical place to spend a hot summer in or to just unwind.
It has various activities that allows visitors to fully immerse in the natural energy of the mountain. The most famous activity is the Skycycle – a cable bike ride 60 feet up in the air. There are also other activities that are as intense such as the Skyrider, Skyswing, and Skywheel which are all just basically zipping through the sky.
For those who want a quick tour, tourists and visitors can take the 45-minute guided shuttle that takes them to the best places in the park. Most people only come for a day but there are also rooms available for staying overnight. Horseback riding is also available for those who want a longer and more personal tour. The park consists of statue parks, butterfly sanctuaries, and fish ponds that complements the relaxing atmosphere of the place. There is also Tinubdan, a museum that lies in the heart of Eden which showcases the different Mindanaoan heritage and culture.
RATES AND OTHER INFORMATION
Operating Hours: Everyday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- With Buffet Lunch: Adult – P550; Kids – P350
- With Plated Snack: Adult – P220; Kids – P190
- Check-In: 3:00 PM
- Check-Out: 11:00 AM
- Aster Room (good for 2): P1,323 per night
- Begonia Room (good for 4): P3,938 per night
- Vista Cottage (good for 2): P3,938 per night
- Holiday Lodge (good for 2): P3,938 per night
- Gardenia Room 9 & 10 (good for 2): P4,148 per night
- Gardenia Room (good for 4): P4,725 per night
- Camellia Room (good for 4): P4,725 per night
- Mountain Villa 1 (good for 5): P6,475 per night
- Mountain Villa 2 (good for 11): P12,600 per night
- Pine Lodge (good for 10): P6,400 per night
- Log Cabin (good for 12): P7,980 per night
*Additional P500 (Standard Rooms) / P600 (others) per extra person
*Children below 4 y.o. are free of charge
*Inclusions: Breakfast (for Standard Rooms and Suites only)
- Fishing Village (entrance): P55
- Swimming Pool: Adult – P80; Kid – P55
- Horseback Riding: P85
- Shuttle Tour: P120
- Skyrider ride: P150
- Contact No.: 0918-930-7590
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/edennatureparkdavao/
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: https://www.edennaturepark.com.ph/index.php/about-eden/
HOW TO GET THERE?
Exact Location: Brgy. Eden, Toril, Davao City – about an hour away from Davao City by car
BY JEEPNEY(PUJ): Go to Claveria St., Roxas Ave., or Quimpo Blvd. and ride any jeepney bound for Toril. Get off at Mercury Drugstore. From there, hail a habal-habal or motorcycle to take you to Eden Nature Park.
BY CAR: Navigate with Waze or Google Maps and set your destination to Eden Nature Park. Parking is available upon arrival.