Relaxation to some people doesn’t always mean just sitting for hours staring into space and feeling the wind on their face.
Relaxation could actually also mean just exposing yourself to the wondrous gifts of nature and Mambukal Mountain Resort is brimming with these gifts.
Mambukal Mountain Resort is the top destination visited by tourists due to the plethora of activities that just leave the guests wanting more. Although not really belonging to Bacolod City, it is only 30 minutes away and is very much accessible to everybody from the city which is why it is a common side trip when visiting the Negros Occidental capital.
Sprawling over almost 24 hectares of land, Mambukal Mountain Resort is the center of relaxation in Negros Occidental. It is blessed with various natural features that give its guests more than one way to relax in nature.
One of the most popular features of the resort is seven majestic waterfalls that stream into the center of the resort, feeding water holes and a wide boating lagoon. Guests may also go trekking and experience the beauty of the falls first-hand. There are also other activities that can be done in the resort such as ziplining, camping, bat watching, forest bathing, and many more.
It lies 1,200 feet above sea level and it also serves as an entry point to Mt. Kanlaon. The mountain resort was established way back in 1927. Originally, it was envisioned as a bath house and picnic garden by Japanese architect Kokichi Paul Ishiwata due to the relaxing mountain atmosphere but the surrounding natural attractions just had so much potential to provide both adventure and peace of mind to its guests.
RATES & OTHER INFORMATION
- Adult: P50
- Kids (11 years & below): P20
- Matrimonial – P1,700 per night, good for 2 persons
- 1 Single & 1 Matrimonial – P2,000 per night, good for 3 persons
- 4 Single Beds – P2,400 per night, good for 4 persons
- Extra Bed – P200
- Family Cottage: P4,000 per night, good for 4 persons
- LGU Cottages:
- Good for 2 pax – P900 per night, good for 2 persons
- Good for 4 pax – P1,200 per night, good for 4 persons
- Good for 6 pax – P1,500 per night, good for 6 persons
- Extra Foam – P100
- Tourist Lodge:
- Ordinary Room – P600 per night, good for 2 persons
- Deluxe Room – P750 per night, good for 2 persons
- Family Room – P1,000 per night, good for 4 persons
- Dormitory: (Exclusive Use – good for 20 packs) P2,000 per night
- Camping: P30 per person
- Big Hut Cottage: P600
- Small Hut Cottage: P300
- Tables w/ 4 Chairs: P100
- Contact number: (034) 433 8516 / (034) 473-0610
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/mambukalmountainresortofficialpage/
HOW TO GET THERE?
Exact location: Brgy. Minoya, Murcia, Negros Occidental, Visayas
From downtown Bacolod, take the “double tire” mini-buses that are bound for Murcia from the Libertad Terminal. These Double Tires are almost always available from Mambukal going to Bacolod and back.