There’s just something about being at the mountain top and being so high that makes us feel like all our worries won’t be able to reach us.
This highland staycation resort in Davao, Montefrio Garden Resort, rests on the beautiful mountains of Kapatagan where guests are welcomed with a garden and mountain view that will take your breath away. Montefrio, which translates to Cold Mountain lives up to its name with the temperature drop you’ll feel right away.
This resort isn’t only in any mountain top but located at the rolling foothill of Mt. Apo itself and if you’re lucky enough you’ll get to see it if there are no fogs. And the garden is just right below the pools of the resort where ornamentals like sunflowers, petunias, roses, poinsettias, cherry blossoms and pine trees await you.
The resort also has an infinity pool that makes you feel like you’re having a dip at the mountains itself and one of its highlights, the jacuzzi pools. The two jacuzzi pools are heated in the morning at 10 am and in the afternoon at 2 pm. Now, you can even get to decide whether you’d want a hot bath or a cold dip.
Dine high up in the mountains at their own restaurant, RestoNante where they serve mouth-watering food and many more. Also be ready for cold mornings and nights which means a need for coffee and drinks which are only steps away from the jacuzzi pools- the bar.
RATES & OTHER INFORMATION
Opening hours: 9AM to 5PM daily
- Package 1
- Entrance fee: P250 per person
- w/ pool access, welcome drink
- Package 2
- Entrance fee: P450 per person
- w/ pool & jacuzzi access, welcome drink
- Cabana (open cottage)
- Weekend rates:
- P2,000/good for 15 pax
- P1,500/good for 10 pax
- Weekdays rates:
- P1,500/good for 15 pax
- P1,000/good for 10 pax
- Weekend rates:
- Own Tent: P550/person
- Resort provided Tent: P1,300/person w/ breakfast and complete beddings
- Family Room: P1,300 per night, good for 10 pax w/ breakfast
- Villa Room A: P3,000 (weekday), P3,500(weekend) per night, good for 2 pax w/ breakfast
- Villa Room B: P5,000 (weekday), P5,500(weekend) per night, good for 3 pax w/ breakfast
- Villa Room C: P7,000 (weekday), P7,500(weekend) per night, good for 4 pax w/ breakfast
Note: All overnight rates have free entrance, w/pool & jacuzzi access
- Corkage fee: Depends
- Contact numbers: 0951-806-8341
- Email address: [email protected]
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/montefriogardenresort/
HOW TO GET THERE?
Exact location: Sitio Mainit, Barangay Kapatagan Digos, Davao – approx. 1 hour away from the city.
BY BUS: Ride a bus from Davao city to Digos city. From there ride a pedicab to Bansalan-kapatagan for an approx. fare- P500 po or ride a motorcycle if you want to directly go there without any stops.
BY CAR: Navigate with Waze or Google Maps and set your destination to “Montefrio Garden Resort” in Digos, Davao. Parking space is available.