The giants of Iloilo are waving at you and if you want to visit them, make sure you stay in a place that serves as the gateway to the famous Islas de Gigantes.
Solina Beach and Nature Resort in Carles, Iloilo is the first and only premium accommodation in town that is considered an ideal jumping-off point to the Gigantes Islands. It’s a 1.5-hour boat ride from Bancal Port to the famous island group known for white sand shores and impressive limestone karsts that have amazed many visitors.
Islas de Gigantes is composed of around ten (10) islands with two big islands, the Gigantes Norte and Gigantes Sur. The turquoise waters, powdery white sand beaches and other stunning views make the area a paradise for the beach bums and nature lovers.
While there are several islands in this group, the significant sites of Gigantes Islands are Antonia Beach, Bantigue Island Sandbar, Cabugao Gamay Island, Pulupandan Islet, and Tangke Saltwater Lagoon—all of which you can see when you schedule an island-hopping day tour with Solina Beach and Nature Resort. Just contact the reservation team for full details and rates.
But staying in this resort isn’t just about it being near Gigantes Islands. The resort is already a dream destination with amenities, accommodation types and over-all relaxing tropical ambience that will make your stay worthwhile.
For one, their rooms and cabins are brimming with class and comfort. Being a premier resort in the town of Carles, they have several types of overnight accommodation that you can choose from, ranging from cabins and pods to villas and suites. To promote social distancing, only the following rooms are open for reservations with maximum capacity of 2 persons: Balay Reyna (Villa), Balay Hari (Villa), Kamalig Reyna / Duwa (Cabin), Higdaan Duwa (Pod), Balay Palangga (Honeymoon Suite), Kamalig Grupo and Kamalig Apat.
Few prominent features that you will notice when staying in the resort are the trees and other flora species clad in rich green colors, giving the place the tropical laidback vibes. It is perfect for those seeking a quick break from their daily struggles. Their kamalig rooms are uniquely designed to give guests an ultimate glamping experience.
This 7.8-hectare also helps the community by providing job opportunities to the locals. In fact, 85% of its employees are Carlesanons who offer remarkable hospitality and service to the resort’s guests.
These are the different facilities that you can enjoy when you book a stay here:
- SWIMMING POOLS – A dip in their 225 square-meter lap pool and 122 square-meter adult pool with expansive views of the sea is sure a way to freshen up oneself, letting go of whatever it is that burdens us. They also have a shallow 42 square-meter kiddie pool for your little ones to play in. These pools are open from 6AM to 10PM.
- JACUZZI – Their 11 suare-meter jacuzzi is available from 6AM to 10PM and it’s perfect for relaxing sore muscles.
- ANGGA RESTAURANT – Their in-house restaurant is ready to delight you with delicious scallops. Not only that, they also serve Filipino and international dishes for every budget type. Angga Restaurant is open from 6AM to 10PM.
- BAR – Craving for something cold? Their bar is ready to help you. They serve alcoholic, non-alcoholic beverages, and light meals. And it’s not just your typical bar; it’s a bar with a view. View deck on the 4th floor has a telescope that lets you view Olotayan Island in Capiz and Masbate. The bar is open from 4PM to 11PM.
- RECREATION AREA and KTV ROOM – There’s always something that you can do here. Their recreation area has billiard, table tennis and foosball that will bring out the competitive spirit in you. If belting songs is your forte, then their KTV room is your territory. Rental fee is P2,500 (consumable food and drinks) for the first 2 hours, additional Php 1,000 per succeeding hour.
- FUNCTION HALL – This resort is also an ideal place for family parties, meeting, and other functions with a large group of participants. Their space can cater up to 50 persons. For the complete list of choices of their venues, you may contact them.
- SOUVENIR SHOP – Shop trinkets and local delicacies that you can bring home as souvenirs from your visit to this resort.
RATES & OTHER INFORMATION
- Higdaan Duwa (Pod with 2 Single Beds)
- P5,000/ night (good for 2 guests)
- These pods offer 25 square meters of affordable comfort with a garden facing balcony dinette. These rooms offer the Filipino travelers a more economic option to end their island adventure.
- Kamalig Duwa (Cabin with 2 Single Beds)
- P5,500/night (good for 2 guests)
- Cabins that redefine and elevate glamping, fitted with a garden-facing balcony. Kamalig Duwa has two single beds.
- Kamalig Apat (Cabin with 4 Single Beds)
- P8,000/night (good for 4 guests)
- Cabins that redefine and elevate glamping, fitted with a garden-facing balcony. Kamalig Apat has four single beds.
- Kamalig Grupo (Cabin with 4 Single Beds)
- P8,000/night (good for 4 guests)
- Cabins that redefine and elevate glamping, fitted with a garden-facing balcony. Kamalig Grupo has four single beds and one sofa bed.
- Balay Palangga (1 Queen Bed & Jacuzzi)
- P8,500/night (good for couples)
- Honeymoon suites offer 40 square meters of luxurious comfort perfect for couples looking for an intimate romantic getaway. Facilities include a garden-facing terrace, one (1) queen bed, toilet & bath with a gorgeous hot tub, air-conditioning, and 43″ LCD TV.
- Balay Hari (Villa with 1 King Bed + 1 Sofa Bed)
- Spacious, full-service villa with views of the pool and the sea. The King-sized bed is perfect for couples and small families who wish to end their island adventure in premium comfort.
- Balay Reyna (Villa with 2 Queen Beds)
- Spacious, full-service villa with views of the pool and the sea. Two Queen Beds make this room the perfect place for families and groups to relax after exploring the Gigantes Islands.
- Check-in/Check-out: 2PM/12PM following day
- Contact numbers: 0917 150 0570 / 0939 918 2160 / 0917 110 8344
- Email address: [email protected]
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/SolinaResortGigantes/
- Website: https://solinaresort.com.ph/
HOW TO GET THERE?
Exact location: Brgy. Guiticgan, Carles, Iloilo 5019 Philippines – along Balasan Carles Provincial Road
BY COMMUTE: If you are coming from Roxas City Airport, you can take a taxi or tricycle in your way to bus terminal in Pueblo de Panay. From there, take a bus/van bound for Carles. From Carles Bus Terminal, take a tricycle going to Solina Beach and Nature Resort.
Alternatively, if you are coming from Iloilo City International Airport, you can take a taxi to Tagbak terminal in Jaro, Iloilo. From the terminal, ride on a bus/van bound for Carles. You may also take buses bound for Balasan or Estancia, but the tricycle ride to the resort will take a few minutes longer than from the Carles terminal. Then take a tricycle to Solina Beach and Nature Resort.
BY CAR: Navigate with Waze or Google Maps and set your destination to “Solina Beach and Nature Resort” in Carles, Iloilo. Parking space is available.