If you want to escape the heat of Leyte then prepare to dive in and literally swim with the mangroves.
Tallulah’s Place: Mangroves and Beach Resort is nestled in Isabel, Leyte and from the word “Tallulah” which means “lady of abundance, or leaping water”, it has created an abundance of joy indeed.
The wooden walkway suspended atop the waters is embraced by these big lush green mangroves. You can enjoy the view of the sea while under their shades along with the cottages in place for that delicious salo-salo with family and friends.
Their big beautiful mangroves aren’t just for sightseeing though as they accompany you for your swim quite literally. You would be diving and swimming with their roots and leaves.
They are very useful as a resting place when you get tired or just out of breath. They are also a lifesaver for those who don’t know how to swim if you know what I mean.
Aside from the mangroves, they have a large space that is perfect for big events like weddings, debut, birthdays or reunions.
It is a self-contained commercial establishment that aims to keep the water visit enjoyable and peaceful for all. This is why they have quite a few rules strictly implemented.
Some of those important rules are no drinking and no eating in the mangroves and sea areas. There will be no smoking inside any room, only on designated smoking areas inside the resort.
Note: Booking is done online through their Facebook page.
RATES & OTHER INFORMATION
- Entrance fee: P20 per head
- Opening hours: 9AM to 5PM daily
- Seaside View: P700pesos day use,15persons maximum capacity
- Sunset View Deck: P1,000pesos,20persons maximum capacity
- Bridge Cottage: P500pesos,10persons maximum capacity
- Nipa Cottage: P800, 12persons maximum capacity
- New Cottage: P800, 12persons maximum capacity
- Staycation house: P3,500pesos per night for the whole house with 2rooms and 2cr, 4persons maximum capacity only
- Room for rent: P800 pesos per night single bed
- Foam with beddings: P350pesos per day (for extra person)
- Tent rental: P300 pesos good for 4 persons per day
- Tent pitching: P100 pesos per head (bring your own tent)
- CHECK-IN: 2pm; CHECK-OUT: 11am
- Visiting hours: until 10pm
- Corkage fee: N/A
- Contact numbers: 0910 966 4669
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/tallulahsplaceresort
HOW TO GET THERE?
Exact location: Tallulah’s Place: Mangroves and Beach Resort, Isabel, Leyte, Visayas
BY COMMUTE: Ormoc City can be accessed via plane, ferry, or bus. If travelling from Cebu, one can either take the Supercat fastcraft (Pier 4), which is a two-hour boat ride. There are also standard vessels that take about 5 hours to reach Ormoc City from Cebu. Once in Ormoc City, the most common modes of transportation are jeepneys and tricycles. You can rent a tricycle to take you to Tallulah’s Place: Mangroves and Beach Resort, Isabel Leyte, near Tubod Roman Catholic Chapel.
BY CAR: Navigate with Waze or Google Maps and set your destination to “Tallulah’s Place: Mangroves and Beach Resort” in Isabel, Leyte. Parking space is available.