Disconnect to reconnect.
We can all agree that we need a breather. It can be anything – eat sweet treats, binge-watch movies, laze around at pools, dip into the seas. If you’re a kid-at-heart or a thrill-seeker, heading to theme parks can be your best refuge.
Theme parks/amusement parks are places in which landscaping, buildings, and attractions are based on one or more specific themes, such as jungle wildlife, fairy tales, or the Old West. There are also those that feature extreme rides, fun games, and colorful atmosphere.
In Visayas, theme and amusement parks have slowly gained popularity for the past years. Check out these three (3) theme parks in the Visayas that you should consider visiting if you want to free yourself from the stress of the world.
1. ANJO WORLD THEME PARK (CEBU)
Exact location: Belmont One in Cebu South Road, Upper Calajoan, Minglanilla, Southern Cebu
The real world maybe crazy and cruel and stressful, but worry not, Anjo World in Minglanilla, Cebu will bring you to a whole new dimension of fun and excitement. It is Cebu’s first world-class theme park featuring more than 12 world-class rides and attractions that can pump your adrenaline to the next level.
Their rides are designed to give you and your family a day filled with nothing but pure happiness.
- Anjo Eye – witness the awe-inspiring view of the city with their grand 200-feet Ferris wheel, perfect for sightseeing together with your family, friends and loved ones.
- Boomerang – a pendulum ride that is suited for those who wish to experience gravity-defying stunts and a frisbee ride making its passengers scream with thrill.
- London Taxi – get ready to drive indiscriminately from left to right within the streets of Europe as these London Taxis will give the experience and thrill without worrying about bumping into other cars.
- The Pharaoh – the country’s first spinning coaster; experience the Pharaoh’s tomb and be ready to be given the full fun, exciting, and galvanizing Egyptian feels one would truly never forget and regret.
- Golden Carousel – merrily go round with our grand Golden Carousel illuminated with fascinating lights, perfect for romantic twirls to which kids and even kids-at-heart can enjoy clinging to.
- Hip Hop – hop and go with their go-go bouncers.
- Viking – swing back and forth fearlessly and feel like an actual Viking with their open-seated gondola that is subject to various levels of angular momentum; perfect for those who seek to fuel their adrenaline hunger.
- Space Shuttle – Let your imagination run wild as you feel the thrill of an astronaut with this famous Space Shuttle.
- Mr. Cup – share endless laughter with your family and friends as you effortlessly go in circles and twirls with Mr. Cup
- Mr. Toad – jump around weightlessly with the medium thrill offered by Mr. Toad.
- Bumper Boats – enjoy being a sailor with their bumper boats and be prepared as you splash together with your families, friends, and loved ones.
- Tower Drop – A 25-meter tower drop perfect for adrenaline junkies. Get ready to fall freely with the electrifying stunt offered by Tower Drop.
While in Anjo World, take the opportunity to enter a magical wonderland of snow. Snow World is Cebu’s first ever ice-themed park that will let you experience winter as it is. It boasts over 2,000 square meters of carefully crafted ice environment and ice sculptures that will leave you chilling in excitement.
RATES & OTHER INFORMATION
- Opening hours: 12NN – 8PM (Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun)
- Contact numbers: 032 490 1000
- Website: https://www.anjoworld.com
- Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/AnjoWorldThemePark
HOW TO GET THERE?
- From CIT University or Punta Princesa or Bulacao/Pardo, ride any jeepney (usually 43/44) going to Minglanilla / Naga.
- From SM City Cebu, ride any jeepney (usually 10H) bound for Bulacao or Pardo. From there, ride another jeepney (43/44) going to Minglanilla / Naga.
- Or from Ayala Center Cebu, ride a 12L jeepney going to Punta Princesa.
… then inform the driver to drop you off at Anjo World Theme Park or at Petron Gas Station in Calajoan.
BY BUS: From the North Bus Terminal. Look for the one heading to Sogod and ask the driver to drop you off at Cebu North Coast Beach Resort in Sogod. The place is relatively new but some drivers and conductors are already familiar of the place so ask first before hopping in the bus to make sure.
BY CAR: Navigate with Waze or Google Maps and set your destination to “Belmont One” in Minglanilla. Parking space is available.
2. MAGIKLAND (Negros Occidental)
Exact location: Sitio Cabug, Brgy. Guinhalaran, Silay City, Negros Occidental
Amusing people through theme parks is amazing but creating a fun atmosphere while retelling your ancestors’ heroic narratives to the younger generation is epic. That’s what Magikland in Silay, Negros Occidental is all about.
The theme of MAGIKLAND is based on local folklore and legend, adapting the legend of the Bakunawa (the moon-eating dragon) to make it more modern and fun, while still paying respect to local culture.
What makes it more interesting and enticing for children and kids-at-heart is that the main mascot of the park is Bakunawa, the dragon himself — now in a more friendly, happy form. Together with Bakunawa are the four child-warriors who are the champions of Magikland. The children, whose names pay homage to the local landscape, are: Boy Bakunawa, Mara Marapara, Pat Patag, and Kit Kanlaon. Theming and storylines throughout the park will highlight local stories, culture, and history.
RATES & OTHER INFORMATION
- Opening hours: 12NN to 7PM, Fridays to Sundays (amid community quarantine)
- Park Entrance Only: P150 per person
- Park Admission: P250 per person, Park Entrance + Shows
- All You Can Ride: P520 per person, Admission + Shows + All-you-can-ride
PAY PER RIDE
- Silay Eye (Ferris Wheel): P100
- Crazy Trail: P100
- Family Swinger: P80
- Sky Tower: P100
- Disk’o: P100
- Fantasy Carousel: P50
- Crazy Surf: P80
- Magik Bike: P50
- Magikland Express: P50
- Smashers (Bumper Cars): P100
- Mt. Kanlaon (Kiddie Ride): P50
- Happy Swing: P50
- Ring toss: P100 per 10 rings
- Hangman: P150 per try
- Poperoo: P50 per dart
- Unball: P50 per ball
- Archery: P50 per try
- Goblets: P50 per 2 balls
- Basketball: P100 per 2 balls
- Kid: P80 per 40 minutes
- Guardian: P20 per 40 minutes
- Contact numbers: (034) 445-3847 / (034) 713-4551 / 0921-202-6871 / 0915-320-7782
- Email address: [email protected]
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/MagikLandPH/
- Website: https://www.magiklandpark.com/
HOW TO GET THERE?
Exact location: Consolacion Rd., Carmela Valley Homes, Brgy. Guinhalaran, Silay City, Negros Occidental, Visayas
FROM OUTSIDE OF BACOLOD CITY
- Take a plane to Bacolod-Silay International Airport. This is located in Barangay Bagtic, Silay City, Negros Occidental.
- VIA TRICYCLE AND JEEPNEY: Go directly outside of the airport’s main gate where the public tricycles are situated. You may opt to take the tricycle to Magikland or take the tricycle to Silay highway. From Silay highway, you may take another tricycle ride (white tricycles) to Magikland. Or take a Bacolod-bound PUJ or bus then inform the driver to drop you off at Bangga Carmela, Brgy. Guinhalaran. From the main road, you can either walk up to Magikland with an approximately 1km distance or take a pedicap, E-bike or tricycle.
- VIA TAXI OR CAR: If coming from Bacolod-Silay airport, drive straight until you reach Corner Rizal & JP Ledesma Streets, Silay City, 6116 Negros Occidental (BPI Silay branch) intersection then turn left. Take the Silay highway up to Bangga Carmela, Brgy. Guinhalaran, then turn left. Magikland is found in front of Carmela Subdivision.
FROM BREDCO PORT:
- BY JEEPNEY: Take a tricycle or E-bike to Gatuslao Street. Then take either Bata or Mandalagan jeepney up to North Bus. Take a PUJ or bus up to Brgy. Guinhalaran, Silay City. Tell the driver to drop you off at Bangga Carmela, Brgy. Guinhalaran, Silay City. You can either walk up to Magikland with an approximately 1km distance or take a pedicap, E-bike or tricycle.
- BY CAR OR TAXI: If coming from BREDCO seaport, take Lacson Street highway up to Bangga Carmela, Brgy. Guinhalaran, Silay City then turn right. You’ll see Magikland on the right side.
- BY JEEPNEY: Take a public utility vehicle from North Terminal. Drop off to Bangga Carmela (in Brgy. Guinhalaran, Silay City). You can either walk up to Magikland with an approximately 1km distance or take a pedicap, E-bike or tricycle.
- BY SHUTTLE VAN:
- Ayala Malls Capitol Central in front of Fiesta market
- SM Bacolod North Wing beside SM Department Store in front of Manokan Country
- Shuttle starts at 1:30 pm then picks up guests from time to time.
- BY CAR OR TAXI: Take Lacson Street highway up to Brgy. Guinhalaran, Silay City. Then turn right to Carmella Subdivision. You’ll see Magikland in front of it.
3. CAMPUESTOHAN HIGHLAND RESORT (Negros)
Exact Location: Sitio Campuestohan Barangay, Talisay City, 6115 Negros Occidental, Visayas
Campuestohan Highland Resort in Talisay City, Negros Occidental dares everyone to level-up the thrill and be in a 5-hectare property that houses different amenities perfect for your next barkada or family getaway. The resort depicts a different world where anyone can be a kid again – young, wild, and free.
What’s cool about this resort is that is literally cool, thanks to the elevated spot where it is situated. From here, you can see the breathtaking view of almost half of the province from its vantage point.
First, they have huge replicas of dinosaurs inside the resort. They also have statues of your favorite superheroes like Spiderman, Batman, and Superman, and famous celebrities like Michael Jordan and Elvis Presley.
Campuestohan Highland Resort also takes pride in their extreme ‘Sky Adventures’ that feature zip lining, sky biking and hand gliding. If you want something extra, throw yourself in the hamster wheel and rope course – these and other adrenaline-pumping rides that will surely become the best adventures you will ever have in life.
They have accommodations too if you want to spend the night after a day of action and swimming in their huge pool.
RATES & OTHER INFORMATION
- Entrance fee: P200/person (use of swimming pool and children’s playground
- Opening hours: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
ADVENTURE RIDES RATES:
- Rope Course – P200 /person
- Zip Line – P200 /person
- Hamster Wheel – P100 /person
- Horseback Riding – P100 /person
- Cable Paraglide – P250 /person
- Sky Bicycle – P100 /person
- Mini Train – P35 /person
- Grand Carousel – P35 /person
- Viking Ride – P35 /person
- Walking Dinosaur – P35 /person
- Basketball Shootout – P35 /person
- Umbrella Hut: P500 good for 10 persons
- Small Cottage: P700 good for 15 persons
- Big Cottage: P1,200 good for 20 persons
- Small Gazebo: P4,500 good for 40 persons
- Big Gazebo: P5,000 good for 50 persons
- Non-Airconditioned Room w/ TV
- Log Cabin Rooms (3-6 pax): P3,000 per night
- Log Cabin Rooms (4-8 pax): P4,000 per night
- Log Cabin Rooms (5-10 pax): P5,000 per night
- Non-Airconditioned Room
- Raphaella Windmill Barkadahan (15 pax max): P500/person
- Airconditioned Room w/ TV
- Kingkong Room (6pax): P6,000 per night
- Teepee Hut Suite Room (4 pax): P6,000 per night
- Mammoth Room (10 pax): P9,500 per night
- Raphaela Regular Room (6 pax): P8,500 per night
- Raphaela Presidential Suite (4 pax): P15,000 per night
- Raphaela Junior Suite (4 pax): P12,000 per night
- Airconditioned Room
- Teepee Hut (6 pax): P5,000 per night
- Bonita Hut (4-6 pax): P3,500 per night
- Dino Room (10 pax max): P9,000 per night
- Dino Room (6 pax max): P6,000 per night
- Dino Room (4 pax max): P4,000 per night
Note: Free entrance and breakfast for the minimum number of guests in a given accommodation. Example, if the room is good for 4-6 persons, only 4 persons will have free entrance and breakfast.
- Email address: [email protected]
- Landline number: (034) 702-0964
- Mobile numbers: 0998-863-0180 / 0917-300-5007 / 0925-600-8088
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/CampuestohanHighlandResort/
- Check-in time: 2PM, Check-out time: 12 PM the next day
- Reservations must be made at least 3 days ahead if resort visit will fall on a weekend, and at least 1 day before if coming on a weekday.
- In cases of delay or cancellation, kindly inform our office at least 3 hours before set time.
HOW TO GET THERE?
Exact location: Sitio Campuestohan Barangay, Talisay City, 6115 Negros Occidental, Visayas
BY CAR: Navigate with Waze or Google Maps and set your destination to “Campuestohan Highland Resort” in Talisay City, Negros. Parking space is available.
BY CAMPUESTOHAN SHUTTLE SERVICE: The closest city to Talisay City Highland Resort is Bacolod City. So if you’re from Cebu or Manila, you may want to get to Bacolod City as your first destination. Upon arrival, go to i-Mart Convenience Store in Circumferential Road Corner Burgos Avenue beside Caltex Fuel Station and catch a Campuestohan shuttle ride bound to the resort (P60/person FARE) or you may charter a taxi or tricycle to bring you to the resort.
CAMPUESTOHAN SHUTTLE SCHEDULE (DAILY):
Bacolod City to Campuestohan – 7:00am, 8:00am, 9:00am, 10am, 11am, 1:00pm, 2:00pm and 3:00pm
Campuestohan to Bacolod City – 8:00am, 9:00am, 10am, 11am, 1:00pm, 2:00pm, 3:00pm, 4pm and 5pm
Comments are closed.