There is a sense of peace to our mind and soul that only the mountains can bring.
Uraya’s Peak is a forest park in Davao del Norte that offers great scenery of the magnificent Talaingod Mountains. The peak has unique chill places like an elevated bed in the trees, hang out places attached to the trees, primitive hammocks and bali inspired frames.
It is also a famous stop for bikers, tourists and nature lovers who’d like to have their dose of the mountain views and of the Manobo Culture.
Uraya’s Peak Restaurant
This yellow restaurant is the first one that will greet you with their delicious breakfast, lunch and snack deals which is very important to replenish your energy for the trek or after the trek.
They offer a mix of Filipino and Western food like nachos, carbonara, bihon, bulalo and of course, our favorite sweet and spicy adidas.
Adventurous Day tour
It’s a 10-15 minutes trek for a total of 29 attractions so be physical ready and fit if you want to try and climb the top/peak. Here you’ll be able to feast your eyes on the Mossy Forest, the Uraya village and observe the Manobo culture which is one of the ethnic groups in Mindanao.
You can also find fresh vegetables just across the road. It is best to start the trek by 6am in the morning so that it won’t be too hot.
Uraya peak is known to be nature’s way of healing your stressful life, so if you’re feeling a little stress, it’s a sign to visit Uraya peak.
RATES & OTHER INFORMATION
- Day Tour: P160 per person
- Opening hours: 6AM to 5PM daily
- Nachos – P170/P270
- Carbonara – P120
- Bihon – P110
- Bulalo – P150/P320
- Grilled pork w/ rice – P120
- Chicken BBQ w/ rice – P130
- Sweet & Spicy Adidas – P85/P120
- Chopsuey – P85/P120
- Pinakbet – P85/P120
- Indian Teepee House: P1,300 per night, good for 2 with day tour and breakfast
- Native A Frame House: P2,000 per night, good for 2 with day tour and breakfast
- Native A Frame Quadro: P3,800 per night, good for 4 with day tour and breakfast
- Western A frame House: P6,000 per night, good for 4 with day tour and breakfast
- Overnight: P300/person
- Tent fee: P50/tent
- Corkage fee: NA
- Contact numbers: 0935 361 5246
- Email address: [email protected]
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/urayaspeak2019/
HOW TO GET THERE?
Exact location: Uraya’s Peak is located at Sitio Uraya, Sto. Nino, Talaingod Davao Del Norte- approx. 1 hour away from Kapalong, Davao Del Norte
BY BUS: Find your way to Davao Bus Terminal. From there, ride a bus going to Talaingod. Upon arrival in Tagum, take a jeepney/motorcycle/tricycle going to Uraya’s Peak restaurant.
BY CAR: Navigate with Waze or Google Maps and set your destination to “Uraya’s Peak” in Talaingod, Davao del Norte. Parking space is available.