On Sunday, the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) approved the National Capital Region being placed on Alert Level 1 from March 1 to 15, 2022.
According to Presidential Spokesperson Karlo Nograles, the other 38 areas in the country that will be under Alert Level 1 for the first half of March are:
- Abra, Apayao, Baguio City and Kalinga in the Cordillera Administrative Region;
- Dagupan City, Ilocos Norte, Ilocos Sur, La Union and Pangasinan in Region I;
- Batanes, Cagayan, City of Santiago, Isabela, and Quirino in Region II;
- Angeles City, Aurora, Bataan, Bulacan, Olongapo City, Pampanga, and Tarlac in Region 3;
- Cavite and Laguna in Region 4-A;
- Marinduque, Puerto Princesa City, and Romblon in Region 4-B; and
- Naga City and Catanduanes in Region 5.
In the Visayas, also under Alert Level 1 are:
- Aklan, Bacolod City, Capiz, and Guimaras in Region 6;
- Siquijor in Region 7; and
- Biliran in Region 8.
In Mindanao, the following areas under Alert Level 1 are:
- Zamboanga City in Region 9;
- Cagayan de Oro City and Camiguin in Region 10; and
- Davao City in Region 11.
Under Alert Level 1, most restrictions are lifted and the following are now allowed:
- Movement of persons regardless of age (with restrictions on crowded and closed spaces and close contact settings)
- Full capacity in private establishments and government agencies
- Full capacity in public transportation
Moreover, the minimum health protocols such as wearing of face masks and observing social distancing shall still be strictly observed.
Alert Level 2
The areas that remain under Alert Level 2 are the following:
- (Luzon) Cordillera Administrative Region: Benguet, Ifugao, and Mountain Province;
- Region 2: Nueva Vizcaya;
- Region 3: Nueva Ecija and Zambales;
- Region 4-A: Batangas, Lucena City, Quezon, and Rizal;
- Region 4-B: Occidental Mindoro, Oriental Mindoro, and Palawan;
- Region 5: Albay, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Masbate, and Sorsogon; (Visayas)
- Region 6: Antique, Iloilo City, Iloilo, and Negros Occidental;
- Region 7: Bohol, Cebu Province, Cebu City, Lapu-Lapu City, Mandaue City, and Negros Oriental; and
- Region 8: Eastern Samar, Leyte, Northern Samar, Ormoc City, Southern Leyte, Tacloban City, and Western Samar.
- Region 9: City of Isabela, Zamboanga del Sur, Zamboanga del Norte, and Zamboanga Sibugay;
- Region 10: Bukidnon, Iligan City, Lanao del Norte, Misamis Occidental, and Misamis Oriental;
- Region 11: Davao De Oro, Davao Del Sur, Davao Del Norte, Davao Oriental, and Davao Occidental;
- Region 12: General Santos City, North Cotabato, Sarangani, South Cotabato, and Sultan Kudarat;
- Region 13 (Caraga(sad) Surigao del Norte, Surigao del Sur, Agusan del Norte, Agusan del Sur, Butuan City, and Dinagat Islands;
- Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao: Basilan, Maguindanao, Sulu, Tawi-Tawi, Cotabato City, and Lanao Del Sur.