You can get Baguio and Brazil vibes at the highest peak of Mailum at Gianna Mountain Resort, an hour away from Bacolod.
The resort was recently developed since tourists kept flooding the mountain areas. That’s how Bago City got its own Little Baguio.
It features a Baguio-like area with its hazy fog but with a twist. It is not the usual Baguio that you know where it is covered with pine trees. Mahogany surrounds, instead.
On the peak of the mountains is where a tall statue of Christ, the Redeemer stands. It looks glorious, especially when it is completely covered with fog. The statue will give you San Rio vibes.
This newly opened spot will further widely open the gates of the mountainside of Negros. With the ongoing improvements that are coming up in various places, there will still be a lot of new places that we can discover.
RATES & OTHER INFORMATION
- Entrance fee: ₱100, including access to the swimming pool
- Opening hours: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Tuesday to Sunday; Closed on Mondays
- Martti Cottage – P2,500.00
- Lance Cottage- P2,000.00
- Alexis Cottage- P1,000.00
- 4 ft table with chairs w/out canopy -P300.00
- 6 ft table with chairs w/out canopy – P400.00
- Contact numbers: 0966 455 8436
- Email address: N/A
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Gianna14.02
HOW TO GET THERE?
Exact location: Sitio Abaca, Brgy. Mailum, Bago City (just beside PNOC Power Plant), Negros Occidental – 1 hour away from Bacolod
BY CAR: Navigate with Waze or Google Maps and set your destination to “Gianna’s Mountain Resort” in Bago City. Parking space is available.