On Sunday, the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) approved the revisions to the guidelines for implementing the Alert Level System for Covid-19 response across the country.
This comes after the IATF approved the National Capital Region and 38 other areas being placed on Alert Level 1 from March 1 to 15.
Under the new guidelines, here are some of the provisions for Alert Level 1:
- No restrictions for indoor and outdoor capacities. Everyone can undertake intrazonal and interzonal travel without regard to age and even comorbidities.
- Public transportation shall be at full seating capacity.
- For aviation, maritime and rail public transport operating in and out of Alert Levels 1 areas, the passenger capacity will be at 100 percent.
- All establishments, persons, or activities are likewise allowed to operate, work, or be undertaken at total on-site or venue seating capacity, provided these are consistent with minimum public health standards.
- Agencies and instrumentalities of the government shall likewise adhere to 100 percent on-site workforce.
- On contact tracing, the use of health declaration forms/paper-based contact tracing shall not be required for all the agencies and establishments under Alert Level 1.
- Establishments are no longer required to set-up isolation facilities within the workplace.
- Individuals 18 years old and above will be required to present proof of full vaccination before participating in mass gatherings or entry into indoor establishments, such as but not limited to:
- In-person religious gatherings; gatherings for necrological services, wakes, inurnment and funerals for those who died of causes other than Covid-19 and for the cremains of the Covid-19 deceased;
- All indoor dine-in services of food preparation establishments such as kiosks, commissaries, restaurants and eateries. For outdoor or al fresco dining and take out channels, no proof of full vaccination is required;
- All indoor personal care establishments such as barbershops, hair spas, hair salons, and nail spas, and those offering aesthetic/cosmetic services or procedures, make-up services, salons, spas, reflexology and other similar procedures including home service options;
- Fitness studios, gyms and venues for exercise and sports;
- All indoor cinemas or movie houses operating at full capacity;
- Meetings, incentives, conferences, exhibition events and permitted venues for social events such as parties, wedding receptions, engagement parties, wedding anniversaries, debut and birthday parties, family reunions, and bridal or baby showers;
- Venues with live voice or wind-instrument performers and audiences such as in karaoke bars, clubs, concert halls and theaters;
- Indoor ancillary establishments in hotels and other accommodation establishments; and
- Venues for election-related events.
- Children ages 17 and below shall not be required to present proof of vaccination status.
Meanwhile, face-to-face classes for primary education shall be subject to prior approval of the Office of the President.
The IATF also noted that “well-fitted face masks shall be worn properly at all times, whether outdoors or in indoor private or public establishments.”
Alert Level 1 Areas:
- Abra, Apayao, Baguio City and Kalinga in the Cordillera Administrative Region;
- Dagupan City, Ilocos Norte, Ilocos Sur, La Union and Pangasinan in Region I;
- Batanes, Cagayan, City of Santiago, Isabela, and Quirino in Region II;
- Angeles City, Aurora, Bataan, Bulacan, Olongapo City, Pampanga, and Tarlac in Region 3;
- Cavite and Laguna in Region 4-A;
- Marinduque, Puerto Princesa City, and Romblon in Region 4-B; and
- Naga City and Catanduanes in Region 5.
- Aklan, Bacolod City, Capiz, and Guimaras in Region 6;
- Siquijor in Region 7; and
- Biliran in Region 8.
- Zamboanga City in Region 9;
- Cagayan de Oro City and Camiguin in Region 10; and
- Davao City in Region 11.
Alert Level 2 Areas:
The areas that remain under Alert Level 2 are the following:
- (Luzon) Cordillera Administrative Region: Benguet, Ifugao, and Mountain Province;
- Region 2: Nueva Vizcaya;
- Region 3: Nueva Ecija and Zambales;
- Region 4-A: Batangas, Lucena City, Quezon, and Rizal;
- Region 4-B: Occidental Mindoro, Oriental Mindoro, and Palawan;
- Region 5: Albay, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Masbate, and Sorsogon; (Visayas)
- Region 6: Antique, Iloilo City, Iloilo, and Negros Occidental;
- Region 7: Bohol, Cebu Province, Cebu City, Lapu-Lapu City, Mandaue City, and Negros Oriental; and
- Region 8: Eastern Samar, Leyte, Northern Samar, Ormoc City, Southern Leyte, Tacloban City, and Western Samar.
- Region 9: City of Isabela, Zamboanga del Sur, Zamboanga del Norte, and Zamboanga Sibugay;
- Region 10: Bukidnon, Iligan City, Lanao del Norte, Misamis Occidental, and Misamis Oriental;
- Region 11: Davao De Oro, Davao Del Sur, Davao Del Norte, Davao Oriental, and Davao Occidental;
- Region 12: General Santos City, North Cotabato, Sarangani, South Cotabato, and Sultan Kudarat;
- Region 13 (Caraga(sad) Surigao del Norte, Surigao del Sur, Agusan del Norte, Agusan del Sur, Butuan City, and Dinagat Islands;
- Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao: Basilan, Maguindanao, Sulu, Tawi-Tawi, Cotabato City, and Lanao Del Sur.