The Philippines is known for its abundant resources and breathtaking tourist spots! Not only that, Filipino people are known for their hospitality too! This is why it is no surprise that the Philippines has been hailed as the ‘world’s leading tourism destination’.
Once again, the Philippines is named the World’s leading Country Tourism Destination during the Uzakrota Global Travel Awards 2022. Department of Tourism (DOT) Secretary Christina Garcia Frasco confirmed last Thursday, December 1, 2022.
Out of the other nominated countries, the Philippines garnered 721 votes.
According to Frasco, PH first gained the Uzakrota Global Travel Award back in 2020.
The second country with the highest number of votes is Malaysia with 523 votes. Meanwhile, the Dominican Republic snatched the third spot with 459 votes.
This is indeed another win for the Philippines as the country bounces back on its tourism goals after closing its doors to foreign tourists due to the coronavirus disease pandemic in 2020.
According to Secretary Frasco, as the Philippines continues to grow, so is the efforts of tourism as it drives the Philippines’ economic growth. The awards that the Philippines keeps on receiving open the door of opportunity as more tourists visit the country.
PH also received other awards according to DOT
- Won all 13 recognitions in all categories and the top honors for Shore Diving at Scuba Diving’s 2023 Readers’ Choice Awards by Scuba Diving Magazine
- Ranked 2nd in Macro Life Cavern/Cave and Grotto Diving, Beginners, Photography, and Best Value categories
- Ranked 3rd in Wreck Diving, Snorkeling, and Health of Marine Environment
- Ranked 4th in Wall Diving and Advanced
- Ranked 5th in Best Overall
- Ranked 9th in the Big Animals grouping for the Pacific and Indian Ocean Cluster
- World’s Leading Dive Destination 2022 by the World Travel Awards
Cebu city also snatched the 19th spot in the 50 Best Places to Travel in 2023 by Travel Lemming which is a US-based online travel guide. The city was described as a destination perfect for all kinds of tourists.
Aside from Cebu, Palawan was also recognized as one of the 40 destinations on Fordo’s Go List for 2023. Palawan was described as ‘one of the Philippines’ most magical islands where underwater worlds meet lush jungles’.
The Philippines is truly the Filipinos’ pride and it so shall always be as PH continues to grow economically.