Let your inner child come out in this vast playground of pebbles at the tip of Panay Island. This island is home to renowned beaches, including Boracay island. A unique beauty among the line-up of beautiful beaches on this island surfaced.
Located at the tip of the southern coastal line in Iloilo, Tobog Beach Resort is a beach paradise filled with pebbles instead of the usual white sand. It is a recommended place to visit in Iloilo if you want to go beach hopping after visiting the heart of the district of Iloilo City.
Reasons Why You Should Visit Tobog Beach Resort
1. The Shoreline that Runs Along Tobog Beach Resort is Home to Marine Sanctuaries
The shore of San Joaquin, Iloilo, is proven as a fertile ground for Freediving. Freedivers visit this area since it is home to marine protected areas (MPAs) where beautiful sanctuaries can be found.
Cataan, where Tobog Beach Resort is located, was once home to one of the nicest marine areas in the Philippines. One of them is the reef that can be found nearby the resort, Cataan Cove. Even though it suffered from decades of misuse, it is currently recovering with the help of the regulations imposed by the government and is visited by some free drivers.
2. Beach Covered with Pebbles Has Its Own Pros
This beach resort is covered with pebbles, and it is what makes this resort unique. However, its unique beauty has a few advantages that you can enjoy. One is you can enjoy unlimited stone skipping, and you won’t run out of stones to collect in this resort. It is one of the activities beach hoppers enjoy.
Aside from the usually known beaches on Panay Island, there are still other beaches that you can look out for on the island.
Tobog Beach Resort stands out for its unique beauty, and it is worth discovering plus, its reef is recovering. That is one thing you can keep an eye for. Also, being a responsible tourist is advised. Be one of the tourists who will aid the shoreline’s full recovery.
RATES & OTHER INFORMATION
- Entrance fee: ₱50 per adult; 3 Years Old Below is Free
- Opening hours: 7 AM to 8 PM daily
ROOMS AND COTTAGES:
- Day Shed – good for 12 pax
- Table – good for 4 pax
- Sophia Blaire
- Cottage good for 30-50 pax is available
- 1 Room good for 4 persons, that includes:
- 1 Shower
- 1 CR
- Cooking/Grilling Area
- Sink Area
- Kaithlin and Ainsleigh
- Cottage good for 10-15 pax is available
- 1 Room good for 2 persons, that includes:
- Common CR
- Nearby Cooking/Grilling Area
- Cottage good for 15-20 pax is available
- 1 Room good for 6 persons, that includes:
- 1 CR
- Cooking/Grilling Area
- Foam Rent – P200 per set, good for 2 persons
- Life buoy – Big: P100; Small: P50
- Cooking Utensils for Guest Use
- Grilling Area
- Brewcode Milktea Station
- Mini Store
- Videoke Rental
- Jeep for Rent
- Corkage fee: None, bringing food and drink is allowed.
- Can bring your own tent, no additional charges as long as you will avail their cottage.
- For overnight accommodations:
- No night swimming (for guest’s safety)
- No bonfire allowed
- Contact numbers: 0999 532 2341
- Email address: N/A
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/TobogBeachResort/
HOW TO GET THERE?
Exact location: Cataan, San Joaquin, Iloilo City, Philippines
MINI BUS/JEEP: Go to Super/Mohon Terminal, Iloilo. Ride the Mini Bus/Jeep going to San Joaquin-Cataan-Lalawigan-Dao route. After a few kilometers ahead of San Joaquin Town Proper, you will reach the Y Intersection Road in Brgy. Tiolas (if coming from Iloilo), turn left towards the coastal road. It will pass through Anini-y, Antique. You will then arrive at Tobog Beach Resort, just along the highway.
BY CAR: Navigate with Waze or Google Maps and set your destination to “Tobog Beach Resort” in Iloilo.