If you wish to cancel your PLDT subscription for some reason, then this guide is for you. Although you have to keep in mind that the proper way of terminating a subscription will take time and need a lot of your patience.
Generally, for fixed internet connections like PLDT, the standard “lock-in period” is 2 years (24 months). This means, only after 2 years you can terminate your plan without getting charged a pre-termination fee. There are also other plans, like the Home Fibr Plan, the lock-in period is 3 years (36 months).
1. Contact PLDT Hotline
Contact their customer service to request that your account be terminated; during this contact, they will inform you of your account’s status, including any outstanding bills and balances. So be sure you’ve paid all of your payments for the month.
Call the 171 or *171 hotline using any PLDT landline (02 8888171 toll-free number), SMART, TNT, or SUN Cellular network free of charge; then press Option 5. For Enterprise accounts, call 177 or *177.
1.1. Contact their socials
You can also try reaching out to them via their official channels such as:
- Twitter – @PLDT_Cares
- Facebook – PLDT Home
- Messenger – PLDT Home
2. Visit the nearest PLDT branch
This is by far the best option if you wish to have your subscription canceled ASAP as most requests on-site are prioritized. If you wish to proceed with this option, make sure to be ready with all the requirements.
- Valid ID
- Termination Letter
- Bring the (1) Modem with cables and (2) Telephone
- Authorization letter (if you send a representative on behalf of your account)
- Optional but advisable: Extra cash to settle pending payment.
Prepare your Letter of Termination with the following information:
- Account Name
- Account Number
- Landline Number
- Reason for termination (e.g. Transfer of location; No longer need the service; Poor connection in your area; etc.)
You will then be asked to fill out and sign the Service Request Form for Disconnection. Ask for the Service Reference Number right after.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What happens if I terminate/cancel/close my PLDT account during the lock-in period?
If you are still under the contract, you will be required to pay the pre-termination fee.
The computation is usually three times your monthly subscription + other applicable charges (device, penalties, etc.). For example, if you’re paying P1,499 per month, the pre-termination fee is P1,499 x 3 which amounts to a total of P4,497.
We don’t recommend terminating your subscription if your contract has not expired yet for practical reasons; unless you are moving out or will really no longer use their service.
2. Can I just cancel and not pay my bills forever?
You can but we do not recommend this for the following reasons:
- You will be blacklisted. This means, you won’t be able to use their service in the future because your name and address have already been flagged as having a negative record in their database.
- You may receive annoying calls from collection agencies for a long time just for you to settle the bills.
3. My cancellation seems to have no progress. What can I do?
Quoting from a user on Reddit: “Don’t be afraid to file a report. Consumer affairs or NTC. Do not be afraid to report. If they haven’t responded to you or your next bill that they said should not include your internet subscription anymore still included in the bill, file a report immediately and do not pay that bill. We filed a grievance with NTC and they acted right away. Funnily enough, when the NTC support person who interviewed us finished listening, he documented it and passed onto the next person saying, “Oh, as usual. PLDT na naman”. The 4 months waiting with PLDT before reporting, was resolved within the month with a regulator. Gagalaw lang ang PLDT kapag may regulator kasi they will be forced to explain to the regulator why they could not perform the request. At hassle pa yun sa kanila.”
4. I would like to wait for the lock-in period, but how can I report my concerns to PLDT?
You can report your concerns via the following channels:
- 171 or *171 hotline using any PLDT landline (02 8888171 toll-free number), SMART, TNT, or SUN Cellular network free of charge. Mondays to Fridays, 8AM to 5PM.
- Facebook: @PLDTHome
- Twitter: @PLDT_Cares
- Website: pldthome.com/contact
Comments are closed.