Some people travel for leisure while there are a portion who wish to find themselves. Some travel to seek that place where they would finally find that revered peace of mind that comes from traveling.
A spiritual journey, one could say, and Garin Farm in Iloilo is definitely the perfect destination to attain that traveler’s nirvana.
Garin Farm is a resort that combines the elements of agriculture, leisure and religion – three ingredients needed for a destination to be dubbed as a meditative recreational site.
Garin Farm is basically a farm that displays the day-to-day process of a usual functional farm, where additionally their produce can be bought on site to be cooked on their restaurant. The same produce are also supplied to their vendors.
This farm’s main attraction is its 456-step stairs Pilgrimage Hill. Featuring biblical scenes such as the Nativity, the Last Supper and the Baptism of Jesus, witnessing these scenes at the end of the peak make it seem that you actually reached “heaven”.
On top of that, the farm also houses various recreational activities that include a swimming pool, kayaking, fishing, zip-lining and many more.
Rates & Other Information
- Entrance Fee: P150 per person
- Hilltop Swimming Pool: P80
- Hilltop Fishing: P30/kilo
- Billiards: P60/hour
- Hilltop Horseback Riding: P60
- Zipline (300 meters X 2): P250 (sitting) / P350 (superman)
- Golf Cart (3 Pax ride): P60 (entrance to pavilion) / P90 (pavilion to cross)
- Executive Conference Room (15-20 Pax): P2,500
- Single Kayak: P40
- Double Kayak: P90
- Pedal Boat: P90 for 2 pax
- Rubber Boat: P120 (4 pax) / P240 (8 pax)
- All-Terrain Vehicle: P200 (20 minutes)
- Hilltop Family Room (4 persons): P3,500 / room / night
- Hilltop Twin Room (2 persons): P2,500 / room / night
- Hilltop Single Room: P1,500 / room / night
- Opening hours: 8AM to 9PM daily
- Contact numbers: (033) 314-7555 / 0916-667-6851
- Email address: [email protected]
- Social: Facebook Page
How to Get to Garin Farm?
Exact location: Purok 2, San JoaquinSan Joaquin, Iloilo, Western Visayas.
Starting from Iloilo City, you can ride a jeep or van headed to San Joaquin at Molo, Super, Mohon Terminal or at Arevalo. The usual fare is P60 but may change and the travel time is estimated to be an hour depending on the traffic. The driver can drop you off along the highway, specifically near San Joaquin Cemetery and from there you can walk directly to the site or you can ride a tricycle which is P10 per head.
If you’re planning for that next wholesome trip, let the destination be Garin Farm. Not only you’ll enjoy this breathtaking place but it might be your much needed spiritual experience.
Comments are closed.