On Wednesday, the Tacloban City Health Office announced on its official Facebook page that the last remaining case has been discharged and now tagged as recovered. This means, Tacloban currently has zero (0) active case of COVID-19 as of today, July 8.
Today, the agency also announced that Tacloban will start accepting Returning Tacloban Residents like LSIs, ROFW. Below are the said requirements:
- Register at tacloban.gov.ph
- Assessment by City Health Office if suitable for Home Quarantine
- A: medical clearance/certificate from Local Health Authority
- B. Travel authority from IATF
- Submit requirements at [email protected]
- Receive and sign Acceptance form.
Meanwhile, the Department of Health- Eastern Visayas has reported 11 new confirmed COVID-19 cases and 7 new recoveries in the region. This brings the total number of confirmed COVID-19 case in the region at 611 with 493 or 80.69% total number of recoveries.
A total of 371 laboratory results were released by the EVRCTC tonight. Of which, 361 are negative and 10 are positive for COVID-19 (9 new cases; 1 re-swab result of patient EV-443 from Lavezares, Northern Samar).
The nine (9) new confirmed cases are tagged as patients EV-601 to EV-609 and from the following provinces/municipalities:
- Sogod (1) EV-601
- Padre Burgos (3) EV-602 to EV-604
- Lavezares (5) EV-605 to EV-609