If you’ve had enough with suntans by the beach, perhaps it is time to get some cool breeze up in the highlands of Sitio Agcacarao, Brgy. Jaguimitan, Passi, Iloilo. The Sagada Province feels will make you want to grab a cup of cocoa and relax with the breathtaking mountain landscape before you.
To get the best out of your visit, we summed up a simple do’s and don’ts guide on your trip to Agcararao Mountain View.
1. Bring your mountain bike
It’s a good trek—that’s a promise. If you and your social group of bikers plan on taking the route to a whole new level, this mountain view destination is a must-try. The difficult yet safe road will sweat you out. But when you reach the top, it’s a sure bliss and worthy of all the energy you exerted on paddling.
2. Spend the Night
Whenever you want to take a break from all that is bothering you, why not spend a night below the sparkly bright stars? Agcararao Mountain View is the perfect place to reflect on your life choices. With cottages for as low as 500php, you can deeply sleep away from your daily hustles.
3. Fetch a Fire
Camping on top of a mountain that features a spectacular view is perhaps one of the best experiences to add to your bucket list. Gather the best people in life and fetch a fire. Don’t forget to bring some marshmallows! If you have no tent, you can rent for only 400php. Now that’s not costly, is it?
1. No Picking of Flowers
The mountain view features a meadow of colorful flowers that is in full bloom throughout the year. A little hut sits in the middle of the field where you can breathe in the fresh air—a scenic spot for dramatic photoshoots.
2. Do Not Litter
It is an immortal law to disturb the natural beauty of what Mother Earth offers. Respect this wonderful place by not throwing your garbages everywhere. You can bring your food without a corkage fee. However, if you bring bottles of liquor, you have to pay an additional 100php. A piece of unsolicited advice: Water is good for your body.
3. Do not Miss the Rainbow
One of the highlights of this destination is the view deck made of bamboos. Be careful when it’s rainy. It can be very slippery. On the brighter side, you get to see a magical rainbow while you take sip of your coffee in the café. Don’t look for the pot of gold, though.
Agcararao Mountain View is accessible to private cars. If you wish to reach the place by commuting, you can hire a tricycle outside the bus terminal with the fare amounting to 80php.
RATES & OTHER INFORMATION
- Entrance fee: 50php
- Opening hours: Depends on your appointment
- Cottage/Nipa Hut:
- Casa Diutay (2-4 pax): Php 500
- Casa Grande (10 pax): Php 1000
- Event Hall: N/A
- Corkage fee:
- Food: No corkage fee
- Beers and liquors: Php100
- Contact numbers: 0938 665 8006
- Email address: N/A
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Agcararao-Mountain-View-105287961460618/about/?ref=page_internal
- Website: N/A
HOW TO GET THERE?
Exact location: Sitio Agcacarao Brgy Jaguimitan 5037 Passi, Philippines
BY V-HIRE/BUS/TRICYCLE (FOR COMMUTERS):
If you are travelling from Iloilo City, here is the direction on how to get there:
1. Take a public ulity jeepney (PUJ) or a taxi cab and go to Ceres Terminal in Tagbak, Jaro.
2. Take a Ceres bus (yellow) going to “Passi”. Regular fare is PhP80 for a non-aircon bus and PhP100 for the airconditioned bus.
3. Upon arriving the city of Passi, you will need to have a little walk going outside the bus terminal and look for a tricycle-for-hire going to Brgy. Magdungao where Agcararao Mountain View is located. Fare may approximately cost you between PhP150-250 per trip.
BY CAR: Navigate with Waze or Google Maps and set your destination to Agcararao Mountain View in Brgy. Magdungao, Passi, Iloilo. Free parking space is available.