How do we hit two birds with one stone?
Finding an affordable but good place to stay for a quality staycation nowadays can be quite a challenge especially that not all tourist destinations are open for guests already. Those who have opened their doors for bookings might cost us a little extra since some of them have to increase rates to compensate operational and maintaining expenses under certain health protocols that only allow them to accept limited number of people.
But in Bohol, there’s a homey spot that gives us both the quality and the affordable price.
Natura Vista in Dauis, Bohol is a cozy, native-style provincial vacation home that treats its visitors with an affordable resort accommodation especially made for budget-conscious travelers and nature lovers – indeed, hitting two birds in one stone.
The place proudly offers the genuine provincial experience for the guests, without sacrificing convenience and comfort. In fact, it has been awarded several times now for being the most sought-after eco-sanctuary in their place.
Awards like Number 1 Eco-Friendly Resort from Consumer’s Choice Gold Seal of Quality Awards, Best Eco-Friendly Resort from the Golden Globe Annual Awards for Business Excellence Philippines, and Consistent Certificate of Excellence Winner from TripAdvisor are just few of the recognitions this place have bagged.
They also have pools overflowing with cold waters. Though not a beach front resort, this little paradise is a one-minute walk to the public beaches in the area. While here, you can just let loose of yourself and forget about everything that worries you because the place is committed to make you feel comfortable and right at home.
COMFY AND SOLAR-POWERED ACCOMODATION
Natura Vista has cottages that are mostly made by natural materials and are partly powered by solar panels. They have rooms for every budget, ranging from family and private cottages with A/C and private bathrooms, to backpackers’ room with fan and shared bathrooms. Each accommodation type employs earthy, rustic furniture in rich wood interiors.
This place stands proud with their origin that their cottages are even named in their local dialect.
- The Kahayag Cottage
- The Kaharuhay Cottage
- The Kabuntagon Cottage
- The Kahayahay Cottage
- The Kalipay Cottages
- The Kahiusa Cottage
- The Kaanyag, Kalinaw & Kasadya Rooms
- The Kilum-Kilum Room
DELECTABLES AT THEIR IN-HOUSE RESTO
Natura Vista will make you appreciate the bounty that the province has to offer. Their in-house restaurant serves a variety of home-cooked meals. Pescetarian, Vegetarian, Vegan, and Raw Food Dishes can also be available upon request.
Most of the vegetables they prepare are gathered from their backyard or the neighbor’s garden which were tended by the local housewives with love and care to ensure that they are organic and pesticide-free. Dishes are also cooked using only coconut oil and soy-free coco aminos to keep your meals healthy and MSG-free.
And here’s something that we can be proud of: The place adheres to a NO STRAW policy. They join the straw wars to help alleviate the impact straws have in our environment. On top of that, they are actively encouraging everyone take a stand against plastic straws. Every year, hundreds of thousands of sea animals die from ingesting plastic. Billions pollute the world’s beaches.
DAY TOUR PACKAGES TO BEHOLD BOHOL
When visiting Bohol, we can never allow ourselves to miss witnessing the natural wonders of this part of the Philippines. Its lush greenery, pristine beaches and breathtaking beauty are truly sights and experiences to behold.
The good thing about Natura Vista is that they can arrange tour packages for your group. These tours will take you to great places in the region – from the different shrines and churches, sanctuaries, the famous Chocolate Hills, adventure parks, museums, and watchtowers to island hopping, beach swimming and dolphin watching – depending on the type of package your group will avail.
Opportunity knocks only once so when given the chance to get the best out of our travel budgets, our best choice is to pack up and travel safely to these places that allow us to stretch the value of our money without compromising quality. After all, if faced with the same question again – “where can we hit two birds in one stone?” – we already know where to go.
RATES & OTHER INFORMATION
- Mondays – Thursdays
- Economy Rooms: P1,000 (good for 2 persons)
- Couples’ Rooms: P1,200 (good for 2 persons)
- Family Room: P1,900 (good for 4 persons)
- Deluxe Family Cottage: P2,400 (good for 4 persons)
- Extra Persons: P400 w/breakfast
- Fridays – Sundays
- Economy Rooms: P1,100 (good for 2 persons)
- Couples’ Rooms: P1,250 (good for 2 persons)
- Family Room: P2,200 (good for 4 persons)
- Deluxe Family Cottage: P2,500 (good for 4 persons)
- Extra Persons: P400 w/breakfast
- Breakfast from 7AM – 11AM
- Welcome drinks
- Use of Amenities
- Beach Access
- Parking Space
- “Color Your Drawing” Barkada Package: P2,999 (good for 4 persons)
- One Night accommodation in a Family Cottage
- Snacks for four upon arrival
- Dinner with dessert and drinks for four
- Breakfast for four
- “Murag Kamo” Couple’s Package: P1,799
- One-night accommodation in a cottage for two with queen bed, aircon, private bathroom with hot & cold water, TV
- Snacks upon arrival
- Special three-course dinner with drinks of your choice for two
- Breakfast for Two
- This is not valid on Valentines’ Day since there are special promos for this time
- Exclusive Use Rental: P8,500 for 20 guests
- Additional P300/pax after the 20
- Book 2 Nights Get One Night Free
- Book two nights from Mondays – Fridays and get one night free. Accommodation, snacks upon arrival, daily breakfast included, with access to amenities.
- Bohol Countryside and Heritage Tour
- Blood Compact Shrine
- Baclayon Church and Museum
- Loboc River
- Loboc Eco-Tourism Adventure Park
- Tarsier Sanctuary
- Manmade Forest
- Chocolate Hills
- Sipatan Hanging Bridge
- Butterfly Sanctuary
- Group Tour: P500
- Countryside Tour with Private Car (up to 4 persons): P3,000
- Countryside Tour with Private Van (5 to 12 persons) P3,500
- Exotic Panglaon Island Tour
- Hinagdanan Cave
- Dauis Church and Miracle Well
- Bohol Bee Farm
- Panglao Church
- Panglao Watchtower
- Nova Shells Museum
- Alona White Beach
- Dumaloan Beach
- Panglao Island Tour with Private Car (up to 4 persons): P2,500
- Panglao Island Tour with Private Van (5 to 12 persons): P3,000
- Island Hopping Adventure Tour
- Dolphin Watching
- Balicasag Island
- Turtle Point
- Virgin Island
- Alona White Beach
- Island Hopping Group Tour (₱800)
- Island Hopping Tour with Private Car (up to 4 persons): P800
- Island Hopping Tour with Private Van (5 to 10 persons): P3,200
- Island Hopping Tour with Private Van (11 to 15 persons): P5,500
- Island Hopping Tour with Private Van (16 to 20 persons): P7,500
- Online booking
- Contact numbers: 0995 760 2119 / 0956 034 8823 / 427 3738
- Email address: [email protected]
- Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/naturavistabohol/
- Website: https://www.naturavistabohol.com/
HOW TO GET THERE?
Exact location: G. Hornijas St. San Pedro, Bingag, Dauis, Bohol, Central Visayas – about 600 meters from the main highway
BY COMMUTE: Get out of the pier and hail a tricycle. Ask them to bring you to the Jeepney terminals near Shoppers Mart. This trip will cost around P30. For the trip and not per person. At the terminal, ask for the trip going to Bingag in Dauis, Panglao. This costs only P11/person. Last trip is at 6PM.
Ask the driver to drop you off at the San Pedro waiting shed in front of Bingag Ostrich Zoo. Beside this waiting shed is a rough road. You can hike this road until you reach Natura Vista. You may also call the resort so one of their staffs can meet you at the shed and hike with you.
BY CAR: Navigate with Waze or Google Maps and set your destination to “Natura Vista” in Panglao Island, Bohol. Parking space is available.